We are dealing with a lot these days, and its easy to forget PINs and passwords. Have you mistakenly locked you MTN mobile money wallet or forgotten the PIN?
Forgetting your MTN Mobile money pin can be frustrating, especially if you have some good money on it. The only option that people turn to, is usually the nearest MTN center to recover or rest the pin.
But there are various ways to either reset or recover your MoMo pin, all by yourself without having to visit any MTN service center. This article will show you how to easily reset your MTN mobile money pin.
How do I reset my MTN Mobile Money Pin?
You can use any of the two options below to reset your mobile money pin;
Using the MTN MoMo Option;
To reset your MTN Mobile money pin;
- Dial *170# on your mobile device
- Select option 6 (My wallet)
- Select option 6 (Change & Reset PIN)
- Choose option 2 (Reset Pin)
- Select option 1 (Self PIN Reset)
- Select option 1 (Add Recovery contact)
- Add any other active number you own as the recovery, not necessarily another MTN number.
- Select option 4 (Reset Pin)
- An SMS containing a PIN would be sent to the recovery contact
- Input the temporary in the SMS
- Finally, enter your new MoMo PIN and repeat it.
- You would receive an SMS confirming the PIN reset.
Using the Customer Care Option;
You can still reset your MTN mobile money without visiting the office, but this time, with the assistance of a customer care representative
- Call the customer care number 100
- Select the language you understand, and choose the option to speak with an MTN representative.
- Have your ID card, as you would be asked to provide some details.
- When those details are sent, the Customer Care Representative would work on the pin reset.
- You would be asked to enter a new PIN.
Remember that, you can’t re-enter your old PIN as a new Pin. And, always use PINs what are easy to remember but difficult to guess by a third party to your account.
If you follow these steps, you should be able to reset or change your MTN mobile money Pin. The E-levy is in full force in Ghana and you can look at the new rates; Electronic Transaction Levy Rates and Charges.
How do I become an MTN MoMo Merchant?
- Dial *5051# (with the Business Owner’s MTN subscriber line)
- Select Register and send
- Select the region in which you want to operate
- MTN will send you a reference number via SMS
- Write the reference number on the MoMo registration form
- MTN MoMo Agent will call and also visit your location for inspection
- In addition, you must complete and submit the forms below;
MTN MoMo Agent/Merchant Registration Form
To complete this form, you must fill in your business details, attach a copy of your business owner’s ID card, attach supporting documents such as certificate of business registration, certificate to commence business, certificate of incorporation, Form 3/Form A/Form C.
Agent Account Handler Registration Form
Complete the details of the individual to handle the account and attach a copy of any valid photo ID to the form.
The business owner must complete only 10 out of 21 authentication questions.
Also complete and sign the MTN MoMo Merchant Engagement Agreement form.
According to MTN, your SIM card will be ready for collection within ten (10) working days after they receive all the relevant documents from you.
How to transfer money from bank to MoMo wallet
- Dial *170#
- Select option 5 (financial services) and send
- Select option 1 (bank services)
- Select option 2 (transfer from bank)
- Select your bank
- Select the bank account you want to transfer from
- Enter the amount
- Enter your MoMo pin
- You’ll receive notification for a successful transaction.
Banks that support MTN MoMo transactions include Ecobank, Zenith bank, ADB, ABSA, GT Bank, Fidelity, Cal Bank and Access Bank. The e-levy is in full force so you might have to check the e-levy rates before performing a transaction.