Among the many investment products offered by Cal Bank is the Cal bank Treasury Bill. The economic uncertainties in the world, coupled with rising inflation have made treasury bill one of the most popular investments in Ghana.
It has never been this better to invest your money in treasury bills than to keep it in savings account. Although the Cal Bank treasury bill offer differs from the Ecobank TBILL4ALL, the rates for 91 to 365 days’ treasury bill are issued by the Central Bank of Ghana.
Treasury Bill – Cal Bank
A Treasury bill (T-Bills) is a short-term investment product (from 91 to 365 days) backed by the Bank of Ghana on behalf of the Government.
Treasury bills are one of the safest and secured forms of investment because they are backed by the Ghana Government and are considered risk-free.
Reason is to invest in Treasury bills
The following reasons make treasury bill a better investment;
- Treasury bills are risk free
- Treasury bills can be rolled over; both the principal and interest or roll over the principal and withdraw your interest
- You can easily convert Treasury Bills into cash.
- No applicable transactions cost
- T-Bills can be used as collateral to access loan from the Bank
- There is no limit to how much one can buy. It depends on how much you are willing and able to buy
These reasons make investing in treasury bill a better investment than fixed deposits, stocks or real estate. However, treasury bill may offer low rate of interest compared to other types of investments. The higher the risk, the higher the reward, and treasury bill has almost a zero risk.
Eligibility to buy Treasury Bill at Cal bank
- Anyone above 18 years can buy treasury bills. However, you can buy T-Bills for a minor and hold it in trust for him or her. It can also be held in trust for family members, friends or organizations.
Treasury Bill requirements at Cal Bank
Before you can buy treasury bill at Cal Bank, you need the following;
- A Valid National ID
- Completion and Submission of Treasury Bill Application form
- A minimum of GH¢ 100.00
Always remember that Treasury bill is only good for the short term. It can serve as a safe haven to hedge against inflation, even though opening a foreign currency account in some hyperinflation countries like Ghana and Nigeria.
It all comes down to your financial goals and the investment advice to seek. Endeavour to always invest with purpose.